- This event has passed.
September 24 @ 9:30 am - September 25 @ 5:00 pmFree
A headline Festival of Resilience event – ReIMAGINE is a community-led forum of inspiring discussions, workshops and performances.
Learn more about caring for Country from Traditional Owners, hear about the incredible things locals are doing to live sustainably and restore planetary health – and much more!
Full program of events
To see more about each event, click on the event title/link.
- 9:30 Welcome to Country with David King
- 10:00 Gundungurra Aboriginal Cultural Concepts in the 21st Century – David King
- 11:45 Generation Restoration – celebrating 30 years of bushcare in the Blue Mountains – Lis Bastian and the bushcare team
- 11:45 Towards Zero Waste Success Stories – join local business and community representatives in a lively discussion, where we share our success stories
- 1:30 Growing Food – Growing Community – Manu Prigioni (Farm it Forward), Aaron Brocken (Harvest Farms), Supapon (Co-Founder Katoomba Community Gardens)
- 1:30 The Magic of Biochar and the Promise of Pyrolysis – Peter Green
- 3:15 How can community be better involved in disaster preparedness and recovery? Deputy Mayor Dr Sarah Redshaw, Prof Amanda Howard & Mick Morris
- 3:15 Imagining & Developing a Wellbeing Economy for the Blue Mountains Interactive workshop – Action for Community & Environment (ACE) group
- 5:00 Wagana Aboriginal Dancers – Performing traditional & contemporary dances inspired by Country
- 5:30 Blue Mountains Playback Theatre – Playback Theatre re-enacts stories and moments told from audience member’s lives
- 8:30 Yoga with Ana Feord
- 9:30 Re-Designing our Communities – Gary Caganoff
- 9:30 How to Save on Your Power Bills – Winton Evers
- 11:15 Walanmarra Artists: Homelessness in the Blue Mountains (film & speakers) – Sue Wildman
- 12:15 Drumming for Resilience (workshop) with Emily Cooper (Hands Heart & Feet) (limited numbers)
- 1:30 No Waste on Country (family friendly workshop) – Janelle Randall & Shirley Lewis (limited numbers)
- 1:30 Adaptation for a Hypothetical Scenario – Dr Roy Tasker & company
- 3:15 Song Lines in Darug Country – Jacinta Tobin
PLUS watch out for The Climate Action Superheroes on Sunday from 12pm!
Artworks by the WALANMARRA ARTISTS will be available for sale on Sunday 25th.
Don’t miss our mini community EXPO (e.g. what happens to the stuff in your Yellow Bin?). If you would like to add your community group to the expo please email us at [email protected]
FOOD & DRINK: Please bring your own water bottle, tea/coffee mug and lunch.
Vegan snacks will be provided by Lytteton’s Coop.