Reconnect – Lively in your neighbourhood!
October 1 @ 7:00 am - October 3 @ 7:00 pm
Let’s get together and celebrate!
We’ve come through a tough time together lately… We’ve had a year or two like no other, and we’re still standing! We’ve
seen neighbours reaching out to each other offering support and friendship, and that deserves to be celebrated. How can we get
together in our neighbourhoods to enjoy our community bond and our beautiful local environment?
Let’s get together and have some fun! It’s a busy long weekend on the roads, so what a great opportunity to connect with those around us:
- Walk down to the local park and enjoy a community picnic
- Hold a street garage sale or organise a neighbourhood clothes swap
- Host a garden party for your neighbours
- Get together for a street morning tea
- Hold a neighbourhood home movie competition – pick a theme and host a backyard movie night to enjoy the results
The possibilities are endless! We’d love to know what you are planning and what you get up to – tag us on social media with #festivalofresilience or send us your photos at [email protected]
You might want to check out the Climate Action Superheroes who will be roving aorunf the Blue Mountains:
- Saturday 1st October – Glenbrook Park (1pm), Buttenshaw Park (2pm)
- Sunday 2nd October – Wentworth Falls Lake (1pm), Blackheath Park (2pm)