- This event has passed.
Farm It Forward Growing Local Food and Community Workshop and Tour
September 17 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join us at 9.30am until 12.30 pm for a comprehensive tour of the main FiF Headquarters and how-to workshop by FiF Coordinator Manu !
Location: Clear View Parade Hazelbrook (see ticket link for more info)
In this three hour morning/afternoon session, you will learn:
- Why backyard and community farms are vital to a resilient future
- How to set up your own local plot, including creating no dig garden beds
- Designing a water efficient garden and drip irrigation system basics;
- The best garden tools to invest in
- Composting and worm farming
- Planning your planting calendar and extending your growing season
- Trouble shooting common growing problems
- And much more!
There will be plenty of time to ask all your questions, and you will leave the tour and workshop with loads of inspiration and ideas on how to get started on your own backyard or community farm!